Aug 22, 2011

Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach by Howard Glasser , Jennifer Easley


Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach


It is an easy book to read, written for a busy parent in crisis, who needs to be able to read quickly to get through it. The authors already took notes for you, putting the main points in bold, and using a format which accommodates reading on the run - which is, at least for me, the only way reading gets done - in the bathroom between things while the children are getting along or getting ready for bed. I have been able to read for less than a minute and get something useable. It is written as a tool book.

I recommended Transforming the Difficult Child I just finished reading Backtalk. I must say, that the former helped me lots more, though the latter is good for feeling secure in your decisions. I found that just taking away privileges wasn't working in my home because we were caught in a cycle of negative reinforcement. We needed to get out of that, and Transforming the Difficult Child empowered me to do that. Now we are all doing tons better, and I appreciate the latter. It is because I am now in a position of strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment