Sep 19, 2012

When Homeschooling is Tough


I’m sick of it. I’m frustrated. I need a morale boost.

I went through a lot with my daughter in kindergarten. Actually, it happens a whole lot now, too. Giving her more of a say in what we'll do helps. "Shall we do math now or a game with the letter tiles?" "Math." "What would you like to do for math?" She usually has a pretty good idea of what she would like to do.

She actually spent 4 whole months in her kindergarten year refusing to do anything school-wise. (And this is NOT the spirited one.) She spent the entire time playing and drawing. Strangely enough, after 4 months of not looking at a book or letting me read to her, she picked up a beginner book one day, one we hadn't read together before, and pretty much read the entire thing. I’m still shocked and this was over a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment