Sep 14, 2011

Starting Out

We decided not to send my daughter to the Montessori school for kindergarten. Instead, she will be homeschooled here at home and attend a "farm school" one morning/week. It is a little school that will focus on animals and their care as well as nature and other outdoorsy things.
I have lots of good things planned, have created my "math lab" box with worksheets (mostly Miquon) and manipulatives. I ordered language lessons from Lost Classics Books as well as a history text. We are also using the Environmental Science curriculum from Oak Meadow, their Carpentry for Children and recorder. She has started soccer and my son will be continuing to go to the pool and the climbing gym. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to get both of them in a Spanish class or other language class.

No comments:

Post a Comment