Aug 3, 2011

Going to the Dentist!

I have to take my 7 year old to get two fillings. She loves having her teeth cleaned but when I took her last time, they changed the routine and wanted to take some x-rays. Of course she "blew a gasket" (using that description for lack of better one right now). I explained very calmly that because we didn't know about this change in the routine, I wasn't able to prepare her, blah, blah, blah, and therefore x-rays could not be taken that day. We proceeded with the cleaning, no problem. So the next time we went in, I had told her exactly what they were going to do-- no problem. Yeah! But now the fillings! You know how SENSITIVE our kids are to even the thought of discomfort, coupled with the sound of the drill, the smell of the drill, the taste of the goop and possibly a little blood. I'm not telling her (obviously) that I think she's going to "blow a gasket" but experience tells me that I am not prepared to handle this and neither is she (never mind that poor dentist that has no clue as to what a child who is MORE is like!)

No comments:

Post a Comment