Aug 23, 2011

The Nurturing Heart Approach and Active Alert Child

I really enjoyed both The Nurturing Heart Approach and Active Alert Child. I think that the first helped me to set up boundaries we could all live with. In addition, I really have been more explicit about consequences, which makes sense since, in this world, we have a lot of them, whether or not they are explicit or implied. I have not instituted the credit system, and don't plan on doing it. I don't think that I want to get into that type of reward system, though if I were to use one, that is the one I would choose. Instead, when things are out of hand, I will take away an activity and say you are losing privileges for that behavior. This has happened a few times, and I have found it helpful.

Transforming the Difficult Child: The Nurtured Heart Approach

No comments:

Post a Comment