Aug 2, 2011

My daughter drains me

I have 3 children, "only" one who is spirited. But she can drain me where I am worn out for days. My daughter is very spirited and challenging and has always been. We've always done attachment style parenting so I never thought it could be as hard as it is now. She’s very disrespectful and I've tried a lot of different things over the years. But now I am very strict, not allowing her to be disrespectful to me. I send her to her room and now I'm trying something new of taking all her stuffed animals and dolls away from her (enough to stuff a whole garbage bag full) and making her earn them back by being respectful all day.

Yesterday I made our first appointment with a counselor. I don't want this to continue through the teen years, we need help now. It's driving me nuts. I never knew parenting could be so hard. We have always homeschooled. We're involved in a lot of different activities though, including right now she is going to a 2 week girls school program with only fun artsy classes, 5 every day. She loves it! I'm really happy for her that she is able to do this. I just wish she could go there all year. But we could never afford it. Anyway, it'll be good to be around other homeschoolers with spirited kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment