Jul 16, 2011

2 Year Old Stripping

I’m desperate for some advice. My 2-year-old son is now into the "nude phase". He takes his clothes and diaper off any chance he can get. He's trying to pee in his toddler toilet, so exited that he shows interest but ... the taking his clothes off all the time is not so much fun. It's in particular interesting when he does it in bed and I'm busy changing sheets several times a day. He is able to open any buttons, diapers so not sure if there is a solution.

First of all, with diapers they can be put on the child back-to-front. It will take your child a while to work out how to take off a diaper that fastens at the back. If they do work out how to do that then you can add packing tape or duct tape to the diaper fastener.

Second, if your child enjoys running around naked designate one day of the year, we used May 1st, as “naked day”. If my child wanted to be naked I’d say, “Oh you can’t be naked today, it’s not Naked Day.” The fact that they could go naked sometime in the future meant that they didn’t today. Usually May 1st came and went and then he would ask, “When is naked day?” I’d tell him we’d just had naked day and he’d have to wait until next year and he accepted that. Of course I never reminded my children when Naked Day actually arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment