Jul 19, 2011

Delayed Mastery

My daughter does that delayed mastery thing. For some reason she needs that time to let her mind work on things. All of the "unschooling" principles seem to make sense, fits in with everything I've been studying brain development and such. I just feel like I need to approach it slowly. Workbooks, or whatever it is that is making school drudgery for her. It only takes five to ten minutes for her to complete one page of math and she thinks it is too hard. She does all of the problems, without much instruction, but to her it is drudgery, just five minutes seems like an eternity to her and she doesn't feel good about it. I'm trying to acquire more games which include math, she likes these. Changing my way of thinking and responding to her is slow going for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment