Jul 23, 2011

Dad helping around the house

It took me 10 years of marriage to realize that although dh won't share his time with doing things, he's very willing to share his money. So I hire babysitters (and recently someone to clean the house) and dh has no problem whatsoever with that. I could hire lots of people all the time and as long as I don't ask him to clean for me, he's fine. The limit is not the money as far as he's concerned. The limit is finding suitable helpers.

I must say that when he was growing up his mother did everything around the house and his father earned the money and rested/relaxed in the evening, so that is the role model my dh had. I've learned, however to give him one job at a time and be specific with requests. He never responds to things like, "Please will you do more to help", but he will respond to "I have to sit down, can you make the meal, we are having X, Y and Z"

No comments:

Post a Comment