Jul 26, 2011

Kids' Artwork

I tell my daughter that she will grow up to be an artist too or maybe a world-renowned book illustrator. Especially since she struggles so much with academics. We want her so much to be in tune with her gifts aside from that issue. She is an intricate artist. She mainly uses pencil and can draw for hours. If we encourage her to add some color she balks.

All of my kids are artistic and the interesting thing to me has been to watch each of their styles unfold. My son is a very technical person paying close attention to details. His drawings are mainly very intricate in pen and ink and pencil.

My other daughter is this explosive, bold artist. Her use of color never ceases to amaze me. I have some of her things framed and hanging around and I love them because they are so bright and full of who she is.

Framing the kids’ artwork and filling your house with it is one of my favorite simple pleasures in life. It makes a home so welcoming to have it filled with things created by its inhabitants.

No comments:

Post a Comment