Jul 9, 2011

What do dads do?

Dh will do car repair and lawn work when he is around. The problem with us is that he works 80 + hours a week. And that is every week, not just a once in a while thing. So I do the "everyday, everything else". He shops, does minor repairs, doctors and all childcare. My son goes with me to volunteer events and board meetings. If I am involved with a group then my son comes with me.

A typical day? DH is up and out the door by 8 am, My son and I compete for 5 minutes of his attention before he's off. We do chores, schoolwork, errands if need be, visit with friends, have down time, dinner, stories, bedtime. Then my other work starts. I do the dishes, laundry, crafts for gifts, email, web crafting, and clutter control. I turn in around 1 am, at which point DH is just arriving home. On his day off, he runs errands and sometimes does carpentry on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment