Jul 11, 2011

Children Need Routine and Ritual

I think children need routine and ritual in a their life. A child needs to be prepared for sleep time, you can't let him watch TV until 15 minutes before bedtime and then tell him to hop into bed and expect him to go right to sleep. He needs to be brought out of the activity of the day gently, by doing activities with the parent such as helping to prepare dinner, setting the table, have bath time, brush teeth, read aloud by candlelight.

I believe children want to join in life rather than have it revolve around them.

Let me add that this all sounds wonderful but with three very busy, active, opinionated kids, I find it almost impossible to implement most of this. I am hoping that with only having my youngest home next year that we will be able to have a better schedule and routine, which she has asked me for repeatedly believe it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment