Jun 4, 2011

Homeschooling Spirited Kids is not Easy

I have to fight to get my son to do his work. He seems to easily loose focus and at times is more stubborn than I am.


I hope she remains that strong willed when she grows up and wants to change the world, in the mean time I hope I survive to tell her about it.


How well I remember those comments about counseling and therapy, only they were often meant for ME :)...I guess spiritedness often looks like bad parenting.
We understand here. Join in. Ask questions. Just vent.


Some days it's tough to be together 24/7. When I occasionally consider school, it's because I'm feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. It would sometimes be nice for him to have to answer to someone other than me for SOMETHING. But then I realize I'd just be making him sit and do homework anyway--he'd just be physically away from me for part of the day (something I can accomplish in other ways at his age (13), I'm sure).

No comments:

Post a Comment