Jun 18, 2011

Is my son from another planet?

My husband looks at our son like he's from another planet sometimes and says things (to me only) like, "I would never have done that or spoken to my parents that way." Well, his cousin laughed when I told her that, she said that he was way more spirited than our son and THEN SOME! My husband found cycling as a kid and ended up focusing all his spare time and energy on it. His report cards said things like, "doesn't apply himself" "could do better" "needs to work on his attitude". But my husband doesn't remember any of that and can't see how similar he is to his son. He thinks he was well-behaved and obedient and I think that's because he was raised for many years by his grandparents--who wanted a boy and ended up with four girls--and he was their Golden Boy, the son they never had but so desperately wanted, and he could do no wrong in their eyes. Lucky him. I want that for my son too. We love homeschooling for many reasons but have little support with my wonderful kiddo's regarding it, especially if I want to get something accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment