Jun 10, 2011

No one understands how difficult it is to homeschool a spirited child

My daughter could be the poster child for the spirited child!

I was thrilled to find there are other people who would understand both the homeschool mentality and the spirited temperament.

I’m looking to find some answers to difficulties we're having.

We are just beginning our homeschool adventure this year. My daughter’s temperament is one of the reasons we're homeschooling. We wanted to help her overcome the difficult parts of being spirited before she got crushed, penalized or labeled in school.

What a Godsend! I cried when I read Raising Your Spirited Child for the first time. It gave me hope that I wouldn't always be clashing with my daughter, and it was so affirming of our temperament. (Yep, I'm spirited,too! My poor husband!)

I feel no one understands this journey, I am looking for others with spirited children to share in the experience and not feel so ALONE.

I am very seriously considering home schooling my son. He has specific learning disabilities and is also both language and speech impaired.

I have read of these home school families where the dad is there, helping with the home schooling, being a part of all of the decisions as to what to study and how, it is very rare and personally I think they should stop printing those stories because they discourage the moms, the new homeschoolers who think that is how it is for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment