Jun 13, 2011

Reading Reflex - Teaching Your Child to Read


Yesterday while doing the Reading Reflex lessons with my daughter, we tried something a little different. I spread cornstarch out onto a cookie sheet and she "mapped" her words in that instead of paper and pencil. It was a major success. After we were done I let her mix water into the cornstarch and it made that gooey, slimy, kind of texture and she played with that for at least an hour. There are all kinds of suggestions in the book to have them map their words in, sand, salt, clay.

I really like Reading Reflex. It is so simple to use, no worksheets, and it covers everything and gives a good foundation. You cut the book up and use these little alphabet tiles for the lessons. It is very effective for most kids.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's very excellent. I would definitely go for it. It's just extra-ordinary which provides a easy learning for children's. Moreover children love to do all events to enjoy and they learn too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit confused about the lessons in the book! I don't know what to do now that we have done and mastered the fat/cat/sat white board. Do I go to Bug on a Jug words, or go do all of the other lessons with fat cat sat. This isn't very clear to me. Can anyone help me?

    ReplyDelete